Monday, September 12, 2011

Twice in one Month has to be a Record!!!

For my posting that is, LOL  My son bought me a book the other day on stenciling and I have just had so much fun playing with the stencils that are inside it!  It is made for painting stencils on walls and such, but some are sized just right for card making as well.  This picture is of the first two I made- I was having such fun, as they were so easy!! I stenciled them with chalk and used my Stampin Up Stampin' Write Markers to color the stamp and misted it with water before stamping it.  I was so tickled with the multicolored stamping! When it came to taking the picture, I had the problems!  Last year I bought one of those photo box things and it looks SO good sitting in the corner of my "Play Station" (my craft room's name) but hasn't done me much good at all otherwise, LOL  So, I end up taking most of my pictures with the items sitting on top of the aquarium.  The white line seen on the bottom of the cards, isn't there, I am thinking since I take most of my pictures at night, it is a glare or such from the flash or a shadow I created some how in taking the picture.  Any way, I just wanted to show you a picture of my first stenciled cards!  I am going to make a bunch of these, with other stencils as well, and add them to my piles of cards for wounded soldiers here in Augusta and surrounding areas!  *Hugs*

4 comments:

  1. These turned out lovely. I really like the way you blended the different colors together.

    Jani
    papercompulsions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. I have one of those photo box things but when I take photos of my cards in it the colours never come out right so mine is a bit of an ornament too !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, these are really pretty. Very well done! I love the colour blending. Stencilling is brilliant, and can be done at any scale really. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog - so glad you like my first attempt at an altered box! I was quite pleased with it, I must say! The man organising the sale is coming to see me on Wednesday and I'm just hoping he isn't intending to take everything away because I've nothing like finished yet... 2 more projects in mid stream atm, and hopefully some more altered boxes to do too.

    Hugs,
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete