Monday, December 27, 2010

2011 is almost here!

Where did the year go? Wow, it seems like it was just June and now we are preparing for the end of another year already!  I have LOTS to be thankful for this year in my family and friends.  I doubt I would have made it though without some super special people in my life and for that I am forever grateful!  Christmas has come and gone, but I was lucky in that I could share it with my family and friends.  We had a nice day at Mom's with lots of food, fun and laughter.  ALL the younger ones (17 total I believe it was) received a Nerf Gun at the same time- it was hilarious!  The wrapped packages were placed on the floor and they were all told to get one- Wrappings were flying everyone and then bodies as they ran to get them open to start the war!!!  I have never seen these kids move so fast, LOL  The next thing you see was Nerf Darts wizzing through the air and if you were lucky, past you!  It was so much fun to watch them though and I know they enjoyed it as well.  My favorite gift of all was an insulated cup (go figure) that has a straw in it and it's shaped similar to a take out cup.  I altered it a bit yesterday and added my initial in pink vinyl to it, but I love it!  We were excited to see snow on Sunday but not near as much as some of my friend's received.  I am thankful for the lack of part though, as we would be lost with that much snow around these parts, LOL  Here is a picture I took this morning of the second round, as the first round was melted shortly after it hit the ground.  I hope everyone had a wonderful time and was able to spend their holiday with family and friends as well!  *Hugs* and I pray 2011 is the best year ever for all of us!

1 comment:

  1. What fun you had, Alicia! Hope you enjoy drinking out of your insulated cup. If you're anything like me, you have a hot drink beside you, and then get so engrossed in what you're doing that you forget to drink it till it's cold!! Happy new year hun.

    ReplyDelete