Monday, October 25, 2010

Christmas is just around the corner!!

     Wow, It is hard to believe Christmas is coming super fast!  I am already getting the Black Friday Ads via email!!  So, tonight I was reading emails and a friend was talking about a certain type of ornament she was looking for, and it dawned on me that I had purchased the flat round ornaments late last month or early this month, when Michaels brought out the Christmas Stuff.  I decided to go ahead and do the glitter part and I can do the vinyl initials along the way.  I have 10 nieces and nephews, 4 significant others and 3 children of my own to give something to and with so many, I typically choose something simple yet personal for each of them.  So this year I decided to make them each a glitter ornament with their initial on it and ribbon to match yet speak of their likes.  I am going to get a roll of Clemson and Ga Bulldogs ribbon tomorrow from Wal-Mart but will have to search for some SC Gamecocks for two of my family members as they didn't have any left in the clearance section.  I didn't  know I needed it when I went yesterday, LOL  So, here is the first part of my gifts- Can you believe I made all of these in under 40 minutes and not one of the boys came in while I was doing it?  That will NEVER happen again nor will the fact that other than getting glitter all over me, on my face and on the counters- I didn't have any major boo boos or accidents!!!  Maybe it is because I didn't use any glue products, you think?  Yeah, that has to be it!!!  Here is two different views of the 20 I colored tonight!  *Hugs*

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You did great girlfriend! Glad you got them all done so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love making these. Yours are awesome

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Funny that you said that, cuz I've gotten a couple customers inquiring about the pumpkins

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those ornament shapes! You did a great job! Hmm....another project for me to possibly take on....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you use the Martha Stewart fine glitter and the floor stuff to make it stick?

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, i just did those exact ones. im cutting script initials on the cricut with vinyl to put on each one for xmas. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know if Michaels is the only place that sells those shape ornaments? Any suggestions online?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok...I am finally making these this today. I felt like a hoarder at Michaels and snagged the last 5 packages of this style of ornament from the shelves...lol.

    ReplyDelete