Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Newest Card for My Brother

Well, as most of you know, my younger brother is in prison in Texas for a very long time.  He made a wrong decision on one of life's paths and has to now pay for that choice.  Sadly, the decision came back to haunt him two years after he had cleaned up his life, but he accepts his punishment as he knows he made the mistake.  Anyhow, I try to keep him uplifted by sending him cards every week or two (sometimes I just can't seem to get it together and send one out) and he is just thrilled each time mail call comes and they yell out his name.  The cards are not always easy to make, as you can't "stack" paper (glue one to another), can't use embossing powders (they think I am trying to smuggle in a stash of drugs), no metal, string or other additives, so you can imagine how you have to get the creative juices flowing to make each one different, yet purposeful.  This week's card was from an image I found in my digi folder.  I have no idea where it came from but I thought it was quite neat so I made an svg of the image and drew it on the Cricut with my Cri-Kit Pen.  I wish I had moved the words over a hair more to the right, but that is a typical mishap for me :)  *Hugs*

4 comments:

  1. How ridiculously cute...love it and NEVER thought of that...thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Me" inspire you Cely? That is almost laughable, as your work is just awesome!!! I truly appreciate your kind words. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete