Monday, March 14, 2011

3D for Me!

Oh My, I have discovered 3D Decoupage Cards and just love them! I can sit down at night and cut out the pieces, pop a few pop dots on them and it just amazes me! My Grandmother asked me last night if I could make her a Sympathy Card for a close friend and of course I did.  I am NOT going to go into how many mishaps I had on this one card as I am afraid the Card Creation Cops would come arrest me for wasting so many sheets of paper!  Suffice it to say, I started on it around 10PM, stopped at 4Am, restarted at 11AM and it was dropped off at My Mom's (for safe keeping- I didn't want it anywhere around me) at 3:30PM!!!  I colored my glossy paper with silver, purple and green alcohol inks as I didn't have any silver card stock, so hopefully you can see a bit of the colors in there. I just wish I had the ability to just sit down and slap a card together in a matter of minutes as some do and be happy with it, LOL *Hugs*

9 comments:

  1. I love 3D too, and I too am very slow and I must admit I don't want the paper police to have my address either! I do love this card though, so very well worth all the time and effort you put into it. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, all the mishaps and time spent on your card all worked out for the best in the end, because this card is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card! Paper is awsome too. I would love to try 3D but not sure I would like my cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. The color choices as well as the layout are perfectly united. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, its gorgeous Alicia! Really cool looking flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! I have to have time to to "simmer" before deciding my next step while creating. Some projects take me months before the design clicks. I'm really impressed with your card!

    RJ from OWSE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Card! Would love to know how you did it, but afraid you might send the "paper police" to my door. lol I am slow at putting things together too, as I want it to be just right.

    ReplyDelete